Monday, August 9, 2010

Not to Be Outdone

So it is 11 a.m. and I am ready for this day to be over.
Where should we start?
First off.
This is my daughter.She insisted on starting first grade today.
I was like, "Buds, you already know how to read, you don't need to go to school!... Please? Mommy will give you candy and take you to the park if you stay home instead?"
She insisted that by law she was required to attend first grade.
Whatever.

Then I went for a little retail therapy. Let me just say that I have spent a lot of time and a lot of money trying to save money on new MODEST school clothes. I seriously was a little annoyed at how much money I saved in shopping today. I bought a ton of junk on clearance.
I should have waited until school started in the first place.
Then. I call the dentist about the filling that I am supposed to get today.
(my first filling in about fifteen years).
I thought that they were ripping me off. The office manager insists that she is charging me correctly according to the fee schedule provided by my own insurance company. It is not until I say, "ok, well, I want to cancel my appointment, I appreciate your help, but I am going to find another dentist..."
"well, wait just a moment, Mrs. Gonzalez, let me check something. Oh. wait. I see here that you are only supposed to pay... (an amount LESS THAN HALF of what she was going to charge thirty seconds earlier!)"
uh. Now I don't even want you to do the work because I don't want crooks drilling holes in my face?

Then. I come home, drag in the groceries and try to switch the laundry before I put them away. When the phone rings I walk back into the kitchen to find JJ squatted on the floor...
with a heavy metal meet tenderizer
and a DOZEN and a HALF brand new extra large eggs. the evidence(JJ ashamed of what he did)

Then. I go into the office to post these pics to blog, of course. This day could not get any better, right? I go to reach for the little shoebox where I keep all of my cords and nonessential electronics junk.
Serendipity.
six inches from my mouse.
The cord for the pink dvd player. We have gone on two painfully LONG car trips without the (very expensive) pink dvd player
because I (Mommy) "cooooooouldn't fiiiiiiiind it. I loooooooooK eveRYwhere" (imagine a very whiny six year old little girl voice that we often imitate when things are "missing" around here)

I am going to take a nap. Hopefully the bed is still where I left it.

No comments: