
He likes to dance. He has his own signature move. We call it the "milkshake". It is really more of a milk "jiggle". I promise I would never shake my baby. He thinks it is so funny and he really loves getting everybody's attention. He loves to hear himself scream. (EXACTLY like Karina). When he wakes up in the morning I honestly think that he is screaming as loud as he can to wake up Karina. She is his favorite person. When she finally gets up, stumbles into his room, looks at him and says, "What is your baby problem?!", he laughs and laughs. He just adores her.
Unfortunately for my super handsome baby JJ he has a misshapen little baby head. He was born on January 17th... 8 lbs, 0 oz. and 18 inches long. He was a little shorter than Karina, but MUCH heavier! Trust me, I felt every ounce. Because of the fact that I am so short and he was so big, he did not get much chance to move around. So, even though he was born via C-section three weeks early... he has what is called "plagiocephaly". Basically his head is kind of oblong, but in the wrong direction. He has a bump on the right side of the forehead and a protrusion on the back of his head... on the left side.
So, I tell you that, to tell you this - he is getting a helmet on friday.
This is what they look like

I think that everybody should know. I really don't want people to be shocked when they see him. I definitely don't want people to think that there is something wrong with him neurologically. I have been assured that the shape of the head has little to do with brain function. They did tell me, however, that letting this go untreated (without a helmet) will cause problems down the road with scoliosis and balance... and difficulty getting your hair cut straight!
He will probably need to wear it for at least 8 weeks. Longer if his little head does not grow very fast. Hard to imagine since he is a little ball of love filled with milk and Gerber squash.
As you can see from the pictures, I am now charged with the task of decorating the helmet. Guero wants to do camouflage. I think that is a good idea, but I am a little intimidated by the idea that I have to paint camou. Think about it - it probably is not as easy as it looks. I also don't want people to think that we are nuts... we realize that by painting it camou - it will not make the helmet magically invisible!! Guero just wants him to look manly and rugged everyday. When he was born, he wanted me to make him clothes out of potato sacks. He said that, "Itchy clothes will build character and put hair on his chest". Sometimes I think my real job as mom and wife is only, "the voice of reason".
But I digress, if there are any suggestions out there as to how to paint camouflage? or apply it using rub on transfer or paint sprayer... let me know!
In the meantime, he is concerned about his rep as ladies' man. So please, let him know he is still hot stuff.






1 comment:
hEY.. pliss continue been the "reazon part".. and don´t make the cloths with potato saks.. no pliss... :D
I don´t know how to make a camu in the helmet, but it depends of the material that is made, for the kind of paint that you have to use. Mi mom do a lot of cafts and some of her friend could know what kind of paint you need.
Let me know and if you want to we could ask them.
I love to read you.. sorry about my grammar but i´m working on that.. soo let me know all mi mistakes.. plisss.. and continue tell us about every one there!!
Hugs & kissess Normita..
Post a Comment