If I believed in gods, I would say that they were none to pleased with us yesterday.The A/C went out (AGAIN).
I still need therapy for the check I had to write two short years ago to purchase a brand new unit. I was in awe when I saw the crane plop that shiny new monster on my roof. Twice now, we have been thrown out of the house by that thing.
So I was taking care of some last minute chores (rushing, I might add because the house was heating up every second.) I went to get the trash cans from the alley and JJ followed me. He started to whine about four steps behind me, and both Karina and I said to him, "No, JJ, you cannot go out there (past the gate into the alley)." Then he started to scream, and I turned around and his legs and feet were covered in about thirty ants... all biting him.
I picked him up and thought,
water
cold water
run for the house
no... too far
the hose
wait... between the hose and me... is the kiddie pool
the pool is full of flies and bees
dead flies, dead bees.
now it will be full of dead ants, too
I think that *might* have been a good idea, because whether it was the cold water, or the fact that JJ seems to be Superman... the pain went away pretty quickly. He still had about thirty red swollen bites, though, so, I decided to give him a baby Benadryl. That combined with waiting at McDonalds (and then over at Sarah's) for the A/C guy... with no nap... seems to induce this behavior...
Finally. I beg of you, take pity on me. I need a camera and cannot decide which one to buy! I am willing to spend two hundred dollars (or less)... and I am not afraid of Craigslist (so if you know of one more expensive - I might be able to find it there!) Tell me if you love your camera and what kind you have!






2 comments:
wow, that sounds awful! but he looks super cute!! hopefully things get better for you guys soon... it must be because i left the state. sorry about that.
I feel like such a horrible friend lately, I don't know where all my time goes! I didn't know this awful detail about your already awful day! So glad the little man is ok.
Post a Comment