Wil saved my lifeThe picture is bad because it was taken with Wil's cell phone camera. I am so glad that I thought of that before I asked him to smash it with a hammer.
He came over to my house yesterday afternoon to borrow some camping equipment. We opened the hatch to the pop tent, and I stuck my face right in there - looking for the potty that he wanted to borrow. I got within a few inches when Wil grabbed me by the shoulders and threw me to the ground. (He said, "Hey, look at that spider".)
He was actually going to kill it with a paper towel when I said, "Here is a ectoplasm ray gun". (Wait, let's take a picture of it"), which he did, then I got him a deadly alien fighting machine gun (a shirt that was going in the garbage), and he tackled the beast to the ground, wrestling fiercely, and bravely. (When he approached with the balled up shirt, the spider kind of jumped at him, and he said, "Was that thing trying to get me?!")
He was a little scared, I know, but he didn't cry
Later, I got on the computer and looked up what I had seen - sure enough, we both survived a monster attack by a ferocious black widow.
We are now raising the funds to get Wil therapy. He can't sleep at night. Post-traumatic stress. Sad.
p.s. Later, when Wil forwarded the picture to me, and I showed it to Guero at dinner, He (jealous that his brother saved my life, and not him) remarked, "oh that ladybug?, I've seen her before"






1 comment:
i so wish that I could be around your sense of humor more often. oh and sorry about the spider, blah!
Post a Comment