
No thanks to you Elementary School Student Council, no doubt, for making me feel so darn old.
Karina has spirit week this week.
Today was 80's day.
"Mom, what does 80's day mean?"
"It means that you have to dress up like Mommy when Mommy was a kid."
"Don't worry, Buds, I have it all planned out. I even bought you a few things at the store today."
I laid out her outfit this morning (just as I always do).
She looked at it really incredulously.
"Uh, mom. That is silly"
"Buds, seriously, I don't have time to argue. Put it on. Trust me. I was there (in the 80's)."
She pouted through the morning. She fought me tooth and nail on every piece of the outfit... saying that it was embarrassing and silly.
in the car, on the way to school...
"Buds, I promise you - every single girl at school that dressed up today for 80's day is going to be wearing leggings, a fluffy skirt, (their basketball shoes - because her look TOTALLY 80's), lots of plastic jewelry, and a side pony with a big bow"
TRUST ME!
We pulled up to the curb to drop her off. As we were inching our way up to the gate, I swear I counted no less than twelve girls wearing the SAME THING that I just described. I pointed them out loudly, and made my daughter hi-five me twice.
"See. Mommy was LIKE, TOTALLY there."






2 comments:
nice work!!
I saw a few 20 somethings at the zoo the other day wearing the same thing. The 80's are coming back and I am not sure why.
Post a Comment