Thursday, April 22, 2010

Motif: Recycled Mod

So, apparently "People" came to talk to the kids at school about Recycling.

Karina walked in the door on a mission to rid our family of all of it's bad habits.

The first thing that must stop, Immediately:
No more throwing paint and gasoline down the kitchen sink.
She told me (I was completely unaware before) that the kitchen sink water goes into the ocean and all of the paint and gasoline chokes the fishes and they die. She told me this as she grabbed her throat with two hands and dramatically fell backwards onto the couch.

From now on - I am throwing all of my paint and gasoline away in the neighbors trash can.

Second, she informed me that she is going to take the recycle can and all of it's contents to her room. From now on we can throw all of that stuff into the can... in her room. She can, "USE THAT STUFF, Mom!"
She can make "toys and art projects".
"Like what, Buds?"
"Like I can take that milk container and put my bouncy ball in it, then I can shake it like this (she demonstrates) and it will make a noise, and that will be fun for me and JJ."

From now on - I do not purchase toys or anything else that might contribute to the overfilling of the City of Glendale landfill - I give my kids garbage. Do not pass go - I am loading the trash (apparently) straight in their rooms. Let them figure it out.

Sounds good to me. I love it when I can learn something new from my kids.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

saves a lot on Christmas and birthdays!

Lily said...

I NEEDED A GOOD LAUGH, THANK YOU BUDS.