We're back.
Hopefully I will do a riveting series of posts about all of our awesome time in San Diego.
In the meantime, I have been meaning to do this one since before we left.
Last week my husband was harping on how our home has fallen behind the technology curve.
He may have implied that we fell out of it entirely, and might as well be using the Pony Express to deliver messages to our friends and family.
Fascinating.
Especially since I am the one that does the packing.
A few years ago, I put together a "permanent packing list"
Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel every time I pack, I made up a spreadsheet, saved it on my computer, and print it out every time we go anywhere, so that I can check it off as I pack.
Here is what Laura Ingalls Wilder did not take when she left Walnut grove.
1. My cell phone
2. my cell phone charger
3. Guero cell phone
4. Guero cell phone charger - car
5. camera
6. extra batteries for camera
7. cord to download pictures from camera to laptop
8. Karina - DS with games
9. DS charger
10. Joseph - Leapster, with games
11. extra batteries for Leapster
12. pink computer (a.k.a. DVD player for the car)
13. charger for DVD player, movies, and remote
14. Laptop
15. Laptop charger
16. Laptop air card
17. ipod with headphones
18. ipod cord - to charge and used so that we can play it in the truck
19. GPS, GPS charger
by the way.
The kids were bored the entire 7 hours there and 7 hours back.
Frankly, I think if we went by horse and buggy, they would have been far more entertained, and far less annoying.
p.s. - I would not have made this a numbered list if not for the fact that each of these items is found in a different hiding place, and all have to be located, and packed ... by me.
LEWIS and CLARK & CO.
2 days ago






No comments:
Post a Comment