Wednesday, March 30, 2011

did I say love?

did I say that I LOVE his "work ethic"?
today his work ethic woke him up at 2:30 a.m. - he left at 3.
He said that he could not sleep, so why lay there and think about everything he has to do.
My intention was to iron his clothes and go back to sleep.
Unfortunately, his words stuck with me.
Why lay here and think about everything that I have to do?
So, I, too am still up. But I did accomplish a lot.

another thing to LOVE... when you inadvertently teach your children horrible things.
After I drop off Karina in the mornings, I turn on my radio show for the seven minute drive home. It is almost always the same time, so the radio show opening music plays.
The intro is a cut from the movie "Network", which I have never actually seen, but heard of a few times.
To know that this is a local crazy conservative talk show might help...
I wanted to get a youtube clip of the actual rant from the movie, but it is totally inappropriate.
Here's the bad thing:
I am paraphrasing here, but I remember it goes something like this:

"I don't want you to protest, I don't want you to riot - I don't know what to do about the depression, and the inflation...
All I know is that first, you've got to get mad! You've got to say, I am a human being! You've got to say my life has value! I want you to go to the window... stick your head out and yell, 'I'm as mad as H-E-**, and I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE'"
which then repeats... several times...
I'M AS MAD AS *H-E double hockey sticks* and I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Joseph Jonah has memorized it... and was "singing along".
I almost bit my bottom lip off trying not to laugh. I met my newest niece Adelyn. She sure is a cute one. I LOVE her. I love her even though she made my princess daughter cry. Karina is counting the minutes until tomorrow when she can go see baby Adelyn.
(Adelyn needs a post all to herself... she is too pretty, and sweet to be stuck in the middle of this one!)

I LOVE family history. I LOVE learning the personal stories that go with these people that came before me. My dad had told me the story about my great (great) Aunt Violet (sister to great grandma Jenny - a wonderful woman) who died in the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire. A tragic and horrible death in NYC in 1911. This year marks the 100th Anniversary of the fire, and subsequent reform that took place. Because of my love for and desire to learn more about these people, I was found and asked for a comment that was published in the NY Times! Hugely exciting.
You may not know it, but I really am Ms. Gonzalez from Peoria, IL.
(I told my cousin Todd that I couldn't say that I ever had the pleasure of visiting Peoria, IL, but I was proud to be from there.)
I am also happy to inform you - I am still married. (what's with the Ms.?)
Article in the Times
gotta LOVE the media.
My awesome cousin, Todd sent me this photograph. It is my Aunt Violet (Veyla).

Finally, I LOVE XM radio. I have a favorite talk radio show that I listen to. (Please don't ask - my husband would LOVE to tell you all about it, but you would lose all respect for me...) I called in, made a comment, and so they gave me a prize! $25 to the Apple store, and $50 for Chili's! Ya think Guero will let me buy that ipad now - with my $25 bucks?
so let me take the opportunity to tell you about rude people and awkward stares. If not for that, I would not have the knowledge of the subject matter that I commented on. On behalf of people with obvious physical differences - I LOVE when a mom just asks me, "What happened to your arm" rather than staring, pointing, whispering... and generally making me feel freakish and awkward. I would LOVE to tell you all about how it is just a birthmark.

now, it is time to start this day, waking up the puppies that I
LOVE
.

No comments: