I actually woke up at 1:30 this morning. I was having a nightmare.
I watched television until 3. I decided that since my husband would be waking up in about thirty minutes, anyway - why bother going back to sleep? I just went downstairs and started making him breakfast and lunch.
He was only in the shower when I was done, so I decided to find some things to do downstairs while I waited to say goodbye to him.
After I switched the laundry and cleaned out the dishwasher, I decided that my efforts ought to be recognized.
I got on the computer, checked my email, and posted this on my Facebook profile,
"I think that if you are up at 3 in the morning to make breakfast and lunch for your husband... you should get on FB and brag about it"
Of course, I got some positive response. Just what I was looking for.
But by 530, man oh man, I was tired.
I went back upstairs and fell asleep.
at 6 AM the phone rang.
Tangled in the sheet, I stumbled out of bed. I was surprised by my own voice when I answered the phone... very groggy.
me: "Hello (croak)"
caller: "Oh, I have the wrong number"
me: (literally - no kidding, I AM this RUDE!) GRRRRR...
(thinking: grrrr... geez louise - if you are going to be calling people at 6 in the AM, at least have the courtesy to get the number right!)
Then...
the caller apologizes to me... personally.
caller: "I am sorry, Nikki, I dialed the wrong number"
that is when it hit me.
I just GROWLED at my husband's boss.
I WANT MORE
4 days ago






1 comment:
I am laughing so hard right now. Sorry but that is hilarious, I would have growled too. Let's be friends on facebook.
Post a Comment