Almost a week and a half ago we got a GIGANTIC bag of broccoli in our bountiful baskets order.
Partly because of the fact that I was away for four days last week - we had not even TOUCHED it.
Unfortunately for the rest of my family (I love broccoli) we had steamed broccoli with dinner last night AND the night before. (we also had grilled steak the first night, and really good pork chops off of the grill last night - but NOBODY ever remembers the good stuff?... well... they will tonight when ALL three of those things are going into a leftover stir fry - with the rest of the broccoli!)
Karina ate everything else on her plate, but she did not really touch the broccoli. I could have seen that coming.
In true Karina fashion, she says, "Mom, eating broccoli makes my teeth hurt."
"Karina, eating broccoli does not make your teeth hurt. Eat your broccoli."
"But Mom, I am really true (i.e. not LYING!)."
"Buds, if you want to have a popsicle for dessert you will eat your broccoli"
*more whining*
I leave the table to go brush my teeth
a weak threat is issued... eat broccoli or no dessert again...
I come back downstairs, and sit down on the couch... Karina comes over -
"look, Mom, when I do this my tooth wiggles"
Gasp! Both Guero and I are shocked and disturbed... and not at all ready for the fact that Karina has her first loose tooth!
Guero did not even believe that it could be right - but in truth, she is one of the last kids in her preschool class to lose a tooth.
She is the only one that will be allowed to pick the broccoli (but not the carrots or the snap peas) out of her stir fry tonight - on account of how mean her mom is.
LEWIS and CLARK & CO.
2 days ago






1 comment:
are you kidding???? all the kids in her PRE school class are losing teeth?? What do they serve for snacks?
Kendall... finishing first grade with a VERY VERY late birthday has yet to lose a tooth!! (I am not counting the way cracked molar that she had PULLED months ago by the dentist!!)
i do agree... she has immunity from picking out her least favorite veggies!
Post a Comment