Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pinching your Pennies?

I have a survey for you.

But, first, the setup:
We are humble folks. If not for the fact that I spent a great deal of my time attempting to save us money... I probably would be working instead of posting to my blog.

We don't have a lot of money, so I pinch every penny that I can.
Who knows how I acquired it, but I have a mental image of Hugh Hefner. No doubt this was so shocking to me, I would have put it on the prime time news.

He was sitting in a hot tub, in his well-known smoking jacket... smoking a cigar made of rolled up bills... twenties? Fifties? Does it matter?

This has now become a metaphor to me for a colossal waste of money. When I see an opportunity to spend in such an irresponsible way, I have been known to say, "why don't we just roll it up and smoke it?"

I don't vacuum up pennies.
I don't use CoinStar (they take a percentage to count it, and I'd rather roll it myself)
I don't buy things that I KNOW I have a coupon for... I am nauseated by the idea that I could have saved a little more.

I pinch pennies.

So here is the poll:
How much money would have to be in a poop FILLED diaper for you to be motivated to "save" that currency?

Apparently twelve cents is NOT ENOUGH.
one dime. two pennies. Not digested... just added "after market" if you will.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

It would have to at least be in bill form and probably not feature George...

Jessica Gonzalez said...

I'm thinking at least $5...that's GROSS!!!

Lily said...

That is a tough one, I have seen my share of poop diapers...Given the fact that I almost never have money laying around the house, I will have to trust that my kids will not poop money, (just baloons).