Friday, July 23, 2010

Count your Blessings

Yesterday I had a terrible, awful, no good, very bad day.Don't ask.
It was just bad.

It was not until the VERY end of the day that I literally ran out of the house to run two errands. Mind you, I never ever leave the house that late in the day (minutes before husband is supposed to arrive). We are very much morning people around here. My day just did not give me a chance to run early morning errands in the morning.The point is: my day was over. I did not expect the universe to tell me anything... for the Spirit to testify anything to me... to be touched whatsoever.As I rounded the corner for home I noticed this:That is the odometer on my nearly 11 year old car. I half expected to hear "ding ding ding", see flashing lights, and have coins rain out of the a/c vents. But no, just a happy number on an unlucky day that was starting to really turn around.

Looking up from my odometer I saw this... something I have been waiting to see for more than three months. Rain. on my windshield Such a welcomed site.
All the while... I was parked in front of this building... snapping photos like a crazy lady. Is this some sort of sign?
Please recall this blog post about my Dodge
Dearest Dodge, you have been better to me than I have deserved. I promise to replace you only in case of necessity for there is no "upgrade" for perfection.
Just a few oil changes, one set of new tires, two trips to San Diego, one radiator and 9,427 more miles since that last post nearly two years ago.The cherry on top was this guy took the ride with me. He didn't even mind that I was listening to my favorite a.m. radio show on the way home.

Count your blessings, name them one by one...

No comments: