Friday, July 9, 2010

Where did I go wrong?

It all started with a certain "Spirit Week" at Karina's school.
You will recall this post... when I attempted to explain to Karina that despite her reservations - Mommy lived the 80's - and we all looked this ridiculous.

Since then, there have been some red flags.
The first... the side pony has reared it's ugliness on her cute little head over and over again.

The second... when I observed (the beginning of another concern - her possible inherited OCD) Karina sitting on her bed sorting about 100 thousand seed beads into individual plastic containers by size and color.

She showed me, "This is the cup for the '80's beads'".
I looked inside, and saw - some wooden beads that looked like they were decorated with hieroglyphics. ? She is confused?

Today was another day that I could not contain a spontaneous guffaw.

"Mom, did they have carriages in the 80's?"
mind you - this child knows fully well that the 80's = Mommy's childhood.

"Uh, what is a carriage, Buds?"
hoping that she could redeem herself.

"You know, like a carriage... with horses".

You know my motto: "It is never too late to start spanking."

1 comment:

Lily said...

Oh no, I was an eighties girl, please don't tell her I was a child in the eighties...