Sunday, August 7, 2011

5 mishaps

make no mistake - this is a countdown...
We went to our favorite camping spot this weekend - plus two new additions to our camping family.
We had a new "little" Karina-sized quad, and a brand new, out of the box generator!

1. Trailers are temperamental. Going up the 17, the trailer decided it no longer agreed to carry our two new companions.
A disagreement ensued.
I felt lucky to make it to Flag alive.

I freaked, Guero did not.

2. Driving down the ten mile dirt road to our spot, we hit a bump, lost a pipe connection and dumped a ton of our precious water.

I freaked, Guero did not.

3. Upon arriving at our spot, we began popping up the trailer. I very quickly realized that we only left one thing at home, the bag full of all of the sheets, pillowcases and my gigantic stack of cleaning rags.

I freaked, Guero did not.

4. Upon further investigation of the trailer - we realized that we had a water leak inside the trailer as well - causing an awful mess, and loss of electricity to things like... the lights, the stereo and the water pump.

I freaked, Guero did not.

5. The brand spankin' new generator - never started.

I freaked, Guero did not.

The number FIVE reason that I love my husband more now than I did ten years ago - He never ever FREAKS OUT!

I would like to add that these were the bigger freak outs that I had on this trip.

Here are some more things that made me act a little nutso -
1. The new quad decided to break down, but was quickly fixed - in between those two events, I freaked out.
2. Karina decided to be less afraid, and found the gas pedal on her new quad. I freaked out.
3. The dog (who shall remain nameless) peed on JJ's chair, and on the new generator. freaked.
4. A small woodland creature got into our non-perishable food box and tore into an (unopened) bag of tortillas. freaked.
5. Karina and Joseph rode all the way home with zero entertainment... much freaking out ensued.
6. After completely soaping myself - shampoo and otherwise, I went to turn the shower back on to rinse, only to find that not only was the hot water tank empty - so was the regular tank - NO. WATER. go on - ya gotta know what I did next! FREAKED OUT!!

I would also like to add that we have the best old friends, and new in the world! They were incredibly patient and extremely generous.
They gave us water, electricity, use of their tools, their toys and fed us.
We really love them a lot.
...even their dog.

No comments: