Well, if you receive an invitation, you would hope that it was for something worth spending your time on. I figured I should post something spectacular. But, alas, I lack the inspiration for spectacular so you will have to settle for brilliance instead.
Hilarious Happy Husband has the cleanest language you could possibly imagine. He has met some Utah members that he thinks should have their mouth's washed out with Lava soap. Much to his shame and embarrassment, his wife is known to use words that make her look like a drunken, Navy truck driver with Tourettes... like (spell it out for the kidd-o's) S-T-U-P-I-D and other colorful phrases.
That said, Guero has been going to work every day with lunches prepared by moi. He has his favorite things to eat but they have to be adapted for budget considerations. I make him burritos for breakfast with Turkey hot dogs, mostly egg whites and salsa. For lunch he has turkey sandwiches, half a slice of muenster, half of an avocado and mustard. Every day. Same thing. The only occasional break in this routine is leftovers from the night before that he really loves.
It makes me recall an incident when I started college. The first few days were marked with the worst torrential downpour I can possibly remember. Forecasters were blaming it on a tropical phenomenon called "El Nino".
On my way to my first class on the first day of school I wore a brand new outfit and brand new shoes. I trudged, ankle deep through murky water. I was already keeping quite a pace for being so water logged, when lightening struck the building that I was walking next to. I think that was the loudest sound that one could hear without becoming deaf. It was at that point that I broke out into a full on run, arriving at my first Economics class with squeaky new shoes and wet textbooks.
Later that day, a friend of mine came into our dorm from the rain. She was soaked to the bone. She cursed the rain. It was a hysterical moment, but I will keep it PG. She said, "*Stinkin'* El Nino"!
We laughed and laughed because we definitely felt that she put the blame squarely where it belonged... on the head of a grouchy hispanic boy throwing a torrential temper tantrum.
I imagine my husband, an often grouchy hispanic boy who is never torrential, opening his lunch today. Lacking the enthusiasm he might have for leftover "chicken surprise"... he finds turkey sandwiches again.
"*Stinkin'* Economy"
Husband, when things are better, I will make you Steak (turkey dog) and (no Yolk) egg burritos for breakfast, and for lunch I will give you a whole slice of muenster on your Costco brand Turkey.
Thank you Stinkin' economy for making it possible to feed my husband something healthy and not have to take any responsibility for thinking of it myself.
P.S. Happy Birthday, Tito! Karina wants to make you some cupcakes!
LEWIS and CLARK & CO.
2 days ago






1 comment:
i hear ya! that dang economy!! i'm so impressed that your husband will eat the same thing day in, day out. good thing since he doesn't like leftovers!
Post a Comment