Friday, April 10, 2009

Patience

I got home from a lovely lunch with friends, but JJ was beyond tired.
This was one of those times that he was begging me to put him in his crib.

He heard a diesel engine pull up in front of the house and ran to the front door thinking that it was Daddy!

Disappointment.

It was, however... interesting, Gonzalez Concrete?

Irony.

I dragged the cranky baby up the stairs, fought him all the way in changing his diaper and taking off his socks and shoes - JUST LET ME SLEEP, PLEASE?!

Finally, in bed, now... Senor Gonzalez - no relation to the actual Daddy or resemblance - other than driving a diesel truck... is digging a HOLE TO CHINA in the concrete in front of our house. Apparently this requires him to create some sort of shift in the tectonic plates under our house... BECAUSE THAT EARTHQUAKE IS GOING TO WAKE MY BABY!

... and lemme tell ya... one more thing that Senor Gonzalez is going to do... if he wakes my child - I am taking cranky baby out there and making that stranger stop the screaming.

Right on cue - here comes tiny Senor Gonzalez

2 comments:

Alison said...

One time... when I had four little babies that napped every day at the same time... a lawn guy came to work at our neighbors house. I went out there... and yelled at them... only to get their attention. Then, ever so kindly, I told them my dilemma. I begged them to come back in an hour. I promised ice cream bars if they would indeed come back in an hour, giving me an hour of peace. The crazed look in my eyes must have let them know I was serious. Because in an hour, they came back. And one adorable little teenage worker came to the door... to get the ice cream bars.

I feel your pain...

kate said...

okay, alison's story is awesome...i canNOT handle if my child wakes up. i think i'm a bigger wreck than him...i, i mean, he, needs his nap! ugh!! i am SOO sorry for you!!