Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fruits of my anguish

I just got home from the grocery store. My trip to Fry's was seriously not fun. These children do not appreciate the excitement of a good bargain. There was a lot of crying and wailing, and the kids were noisy, too.

Anyway, I got a lot of good deals. I was not surprised, however, when my bill was 117 dollars and I was going to walk out of the store just like that. For some reason (a prompting, I KNOW!) I decided that even though my kids were being evil, I was going to stop and look at my WHOLE receipt.

Well, I am so glad I did that. I got the wrong cheese. Even though I am 100 percent sure that I only grabbed bags under the dollar tags, I paid 4.50 for something I THOUGHT I was paying $1 for! And then there was a limit on the pork chops. I definitely did not see a sign - I would have yielded. SO I bought a family size thing of pork chops that I thought was like... 3 dollars and change, and it was really $13.58!! I went over and returned all of that stuff and I got back $27.42!!!!

Anyway, I just want to share with my best friends - you should always check your receipt! EVEN if it might mean verbally abusing your children (in your head). It is worth the money!!

1 comment:

kate said...

i just went today, with my kids, and got the same deals! i was super excited about them!! (and i can't stand shopping with my kids either!!!)