Thursday, April 2, 2009


I wish I could say we froze our butts off - camping for the first time in our "new to us" trailer at Seven Springs... but we came home, and I was still fat?!

We nearly froze to DEATH, however. (only reiterating the notion... we will die before we get skinny!)

These are pictures of the kids digging in the sand... until Daddy realized that everywhere they were digging was probably a place where a man - camping - relieved himself in the middle of a below freezing night. So he took the shovels and pails away.

I could only think of my mother-in-law because she would be mortified at how underdressed the kids were for the below freezing weather. Fortunately I have plenty of natural insulation, so I was able to give some of my clothes to the kids. Karina is wearing my sweatshirt. JJ has a pair of my socks on, pulled up over his pants legs.

JJ had a check up yesterday with the Pediatrician. I think she was a bit on the jaded side. She said something about how she feels that he needs to "expand his vocabulary". She was not even impressed when I showed off his newest trick... "BYE" with a wave combo. Not as easy as you would think for a baby! His mother, the human dictionary, is not concerned. He is saving his efforts for his first novel, which has already been picked up by the publisher and is due to release by his second birthday.

She mumbled something about Quasimoto... like... "this kid is lucky to have such gorgeous genes cause he's got a crooked head and flat feet..." I'm thinking that it proves that he is the most handsome and charismatic baby in the universe because people never notice his shortcomings. Daddy says it just adds to his "Bruiser" status. (he may get that pretty face from Daddy - but he is not afraid to use that bumpy head as a weapon!?")

Karina had a lunch date with Pele. He wanted to meet with her a discuss her technique after their little pick-up game at the park. Becks wanted to join them, but they were trying to keep it low key. Afterwards they signed autographs and got haircuts!

The next few days are going to be very exciting. Costco on Thursday!, Karina has a field trip to the farm tomorrow, leaving for a big camping trip (two nights in the wilderness) and some RIDICULOUS pictures... that will inevitably be in the next "Blue Collar" slide show - a decked out Cadillac Escalade pulling a craiglist pop tent.

4 comments:

kate said...

sounds like fun! i can't believe we weren't invited!!

Lily said...

Oh my gosh is that a welcome matt I see by the trailer? You are so organized!! Looks like fun I wish I was that motivated.

ktucker said...

So, I believe that I haven't checked your blog since you went private! My blog scroll stated that you hadn't updated for 2 months, it appears to be wrong! I will surely be more diligent from this point.

Jessica Gonzalez said...

How fun! I want to go camping!