Thanks to Jessica (my lovely sis-in-law) I remembered something that Karina had done this weekend.
She loves to eat over at Tita's house. Because my mother-in-law is usually feeding a gigantic crowd she often puts all of the food out buffet style. At Karina's age, I just put the food on her plate and she does the assembly.
Apparently she caught Jessica's eye this past weekend. She had a plate with rice, beans, guacamole, and strawberries on it. ("Strawberries?", you ask? I have no idea - it's a buffet people!) Apparently Jessica observed Karina assembling a taco... first the rice, then the beans... then the guacamole... then the strawberry slices.
Before Jessica was able to get her camera to get a picture of it - the taco was gone. HUGE SURPRISE! She is five. What can I say?
Jessica says that the second taco was pretty much the same, sans strawberries. Live and learn, I guess.
JJ is very enthusiastically learning to "show off" for the ladies mostly. Guero's aunt and cousins are in town for a visit. I brought JJ in the house so that they could see him for the first time in nearly a year. The crowd of ladies was anxiously waiting to see some new tricks. I stood him up at one end of the room and tried to get him to walk... or say his new favorite word. No luck. He just stood studying one person, and then the next. I tried bribery and trickery to no avail. Finally I said, "sorry guys, no show today, maybe later?"
I turned my back to him to walk to the door, he quickly followed as fast as his little chubs could carry him, nearly yelling "BYE!" His new favorite word! "Bye" means everything from "mommy" to "more" to "please" to "hello"... As his mom I knew that this time "bye" meant - get me outta here, Mama, these ladies are gonna eat me alive!"
LEWIS and CLARK & CO.
2 days ago






No comments:
Post a Comment