the movie, that is.
Let's talk.
Maybe you don't know what it is like to be a "stay at home mom". Let me clue you in...
Yesterday was a typical day.
I woke up at 330
*boring details about getting one husband out the door.*
followed by
*boring details about getting Karina off to her second day of school - cue footage of a few tears shed over a hairdo dispute, and getting lost on her way to the playground*
Next, - most of the morning wasted gabbing on the phone, facebooking, planning, blogging, bill-paying, coupon-clipping, crocheting, lamenting my diet...
followed by
*boring details - cleaning bathrooms... vacuuming... etc*
WHOA! It is almost time to go back to school and get Karina!
"I better jump in the shower super fast before JJ wakes up from his nap!"
turn on the water - this better be REALLY fast!
cue cute toddler waking up
darn.
grab baby - put on cartoons, plop him in front of tv for five minutes
let's recap.
in a hurry
only have five minutes
must shower fast
here I am minding my own business in the shower, and suddenly the water feels really cold. I turn around to check it out and
*EEEK EEEEK EEEEK - that is scary "PSYCHO" music*
there is a toddler - dressed in a diaper and tshirt - in the shower with me
ugh.
ok, well - what is one more minute to give him a little refresher. I am sure he needed it anyway.
I take off his now sopping wet shirt and hang it inside the tub.
Next the diaper
*EEEK EEEEK EEEEK - more scary "PSYCHO" music*
ITS LOADED!
in the shower
the five minute shower
MAYBE you are one of my mom friends and you are reading this, and you are thinking... well - at least it was in the shower? WELL? you tell me - what on EARTH do you do with a loaded diaper - full of water - in the shower? Let me give you a hint - there is no garbage can within throwing distance, and seriously - this thing should be labeled "Handle With Care" cause it is hanging on by a thread.
In light of this, I have a proposal. I have heard of "Take your Daughter to Work Day" and I have heard of "Take your Son to Work Day". They even have "Take your DOG to Work Day". Can someone explain to me why there is no "Take MOMMY to Work Day"!?
LEWIS and CLARK & CO.
2 days ago






3 comments:
amen sista, amen!
"wasting time gabbing on the phone"
humph!!!!!
That has happened to me a time or two.
Post a Comment