Monday, August 11, 2008

8 is great

Today is my anniversary. I have been married for seven years (with Guero for eight years). I say 8 is great because in this stage of our marriage... being married is a lot easier than it was in the beginning.

We know each other a lot better now, and we can predict what the other will do or say. Instead of trying to fight it... we just accept it. We avoid the issues that we know will cause real conflict, and enjoy all of the rest (of the conflict) knowing that it is minor and irrelevant.

I have put a little thought into this, I was hoping that it would turn out better, but... alas... we have so much more marriage to experience.

Seven:
years of wedded bliss
fights about planting cactus in the front yard

Six:
Trips to California
GUERO's speeding tickets

Five:
states that we have visited together
times that I have run into garage with any car

Four:
cars that we have owned
engines replaced in the Dodge

Three:
kids
washing machines that we have had to buy

Two:
trips to Disneyland
Times JJ still wakes up in the night

One:
happy Gonzalez family

My Patriarchal blessing says that I will go on a mission and be a grandmother...

so here is to many more years of wedded bliss...

love you, hubband

love, wife

1 comment:

Alison said...

Remind me to never you let you borrow my car.