Friday, August 15, 2008

creative license

It was a frightening experience.

Karina was minding her own (and everybody else's) business. Doing absolutely nothing to irritate, annoy or instigate (she may have been sleeping) when this wild little monkey (adorable, blonde Bradley monkey) jumped on her back (or may have accidentally knocked her over while trying to hug her).

He threw her down and quickly got her in a headlock ...

You can see the panic and fear in her eyes. He yelled (Karina was louder) using colorful and startling language (no, that part is true). I yelled, "Karina, be brave! Play dead... just like mommy taught you!"

Lucky for his mother, the dangerous (adorable), talking (baby swearing) Bradley monkey is an endangered species, and Karina is an animal lover.

if you don't believe this story... don't read Alison's blog. Remember two eye-witness accounts vary wildly... especially when the witnesses are the mothers!!

4 comments:

Alison said...

ok, that is too cute!!! You missed your calling as a creative writer... I kid you not! Your entry is wayyyyyyyyyy cuter than my entry!

Claire said...

I have to agree with allison, you are one of the funniest people I have ever read. Karina is such a beautiful girl, just like her momma. miss you.

Deidre said...

Ok it took me two comments to figure out that you had found my blog! I am so glad and thanks so much for the supportive last comment especially. I was afraid people would be too scared to respond (ha the real skinny ones didn't LOL) but what you said helped. I think Brad and I are bad for each other when it comes to food and weight in general. One of us is always ruining the efforts of the other. Sad but true. Thanks again, it is nice to feel like I am not the only one who has these feelings!

Me and Mr. P... said...

LOVE your post!! enuff said!