Sunday, August 17, 2008

JJ... the laze


JJ is seven months old today.

I made up a new name for JJ. "The Laze". He is getting to be quite the little butterball turkey. He should make for some really nice tortas on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

It seems as though his favorite pass times are lazing around the house, eating Gerber squash, baby cookies and pages from important magazines. He loves to pull hair, give you a drool bath and order other big people around the house to do things for him.

He is super funny. (by the way, he gets that from me. His dad is a big huge bore with no sense of humor at all.) I have to take him out of church... not for screaming, but for flirting too loudly and causing a distraction. Today we were in church and he was doing the pterodactyl scream. This is an ear-piercing, bell ringing scream that does not have a cry to back it up. It is just a direct order to obey his command. So I picked him up from his carseat. I am positive that the people sitting around me expected to see me soothing an upset crying baby. Instead, as soon as his head passes my shoulder and he can see the people behind me... he smiles with a satisfied... "gaaaa". Loosely translated: "mommy is a big sucker". He has a big, wet... sort of toothy smile. If he can get the people behind me to smile back, he laughs. Unfortunately his laugh is contagious and they just can't stop paying attention to this adorable little chubs. I have no idea where we got such precocious children?

JJ loves to watch his baby show at 5 am. Just as mommy is a little irritable if she misses an episode of Survivor (miss a little miss a lot)... JJ feels the same about his show. JJ's television addiction? Lilo and Stitch. Guero was understandably upset when I told him about this. Then I advised him, "well, it is less for Lilo, more for Stitch". As JJ watches his hero Stitch, he is taking mental notes and carefully categorizing and strategizing. You can see the wheels turning in his tiny head... "well, as soon as I can crawl I should be able to get a hold of some scissors and cut Barbie's clothes up... not long after that I will take my first steps and get to where daddy has been hiding that very handy chainsaw.

Lucky for me, he is "the Laze" and seems in no hurry to attempt destruction on a intergalactic scale.

So far:
JJ has six teeth... four on top and two on bottom.
Still can't completely sit on his own, but is just about done wearing his helmet.
He does reach for things, and seems to enjoy destroying things.
He knows how to make his sister cry (put things that she really loves in his mouth), and he knows how to make her laugh - all of her jokes are hilarious.
He loves to eat Gerber pasta in tomato sauce and anything mixed with squash.
He has a talent for repeating the sounds that you make. He has a few favorites like, "hi-iiii" and a little throaty frog scream.

We all absolutely adore JJ. I can't remember life before him. He is so much fun. Maybe when he is seven YEARS old he will be interested in crawling? Until then, as his doting mother, I will just carry him.

1 comment:

Me and Mr. P... said...

Niki I love reading your posts!! You seriously need to consider writing!!
And he is such a dang cute baby, I love watching him at church always happy and those huge grins are to die for. Don't let him grow up to fast is goes by to darn fast!!!