Guero and I are... weird.
We have very strange taste. You would think that we were fifty something based on our taste in entertainment. It is quite diverse, but we definitely have our favorites.
I am going a little crazy with the Radio Disney. I actually love Pop Rock. I do enjoy Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers, but there is only so many times you can listen to the same song in an hour.
My XM is portable, but I conveniently forget it when we get in the car.
"Oh darn, I guess we'll have to listen to something else!"
Karina always wants to listen to my Billy Joel cd's. Yea, that's right. Billy. A new generation of Billy fans.
Monday morning we were on a long car ride. I was so proud of her... listening to her in the back seat singing...
...and when she knows what she wants from her tiiiime
and when she wakes up and makes up her miiiiind
she'll see I'm not so tough, just because
I'm in love with an uptown girl...
I couldn't wait to show Guero what I taught our little princess.
Monday night, we were on our way home from FHE in daddy's truck. I see a lightbulb go on over his head, he has an idea and he is excited about it. He pulls out his cd's, chooses one, and puts it in. He advances to the song he knows that Karina really wants to hear...
Karina starts singing...
...Love is a burning thing, and it makes a fiery ring
bound by wild desire, I fell into a ring of fire
(louder now!)
I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went down, down, down and the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire... the ring of fire
I was singing along (of course... its Johnny Cash people!), I was laughing at the thought that we are both secretly doing the same thing, I was crying a little bit that we were having such a bizarre family bonding experience.
we are making baby weirdo's
LEWIS and CLARK & CO.
2 days ago






1 comment:
lol I love it! My kids know Johnny Cash too.
Post a Comment