Friday, August 22, 2008

So close, yet so far away

Today Karina's teachers came to the house for a visit. They chatted for a few minutes about some of the new things that the kids would be doing this year. They even invited JJ to the first field trip to the zoo. He is really looking forward to that. He has not stopped talking about it all day.

They took Karina's picture for her new cubby, and then they gave her a bag of "goodies".

Then they had to say goodbye. As soon as the door closed, Karina's eyes started to fill up. She said, "but, Mom, I wanted to go with them..."





(posting the name of the school or the teachers would be a bad idea, so I will share some oldie but goodie pictures of our "Buds")

I could not be more excited for our little girl. She is so grown up. I know she is dying to go to school, but I am just not ready to send her. Tomorrow I will try to appease her by taking her shopping for a few new outfits and some new school shoes.

As nervous and excited as I am for her, there are times that I wish I could make time stand still...

1 comment:

Claire said...

I agree 100 percent. My emotions are playing wierd tricks on me right now.