Saturday, January 24, 2009

death defying

Yesterday we went to Wildlife World Zoo on a field trip with Karina's class.
While we were sitting and waiting for the choo choo train, JJ had an idea.

"Sissy, this is boring, let's see if the Lion's want to eat the stinky peanut butter and Jellies that Mommy brought for our lunch?"

"No, brother, don't do it! Remember what happened when we gave her chicken to the black bears and they were so appalled they went all vegetarian"

"Shhhh, Sissy. That never happened."

JJ's new friend, Spike. He is coming over for dinner tomorrow. What should I make? Obviously he is on a strict diet... what a physique!

Michael Jackson was at the zoo. He suggested we dangle our babies precariously over the enclosure for the wild beasts that are the giraffes. I told him, "No way!, I am not going to be responsible for this very expensive animal when he tries to swallow JJ whole and chokes to death!"
I did what any responsible parent would do. I left Karina up there by herself to feed the ferocious animals "Giraffe pellets" and I went downstairs to take her picture.
Karina and her school friends... right before they released the piranhas.

It was a fun day. I want to go back real soon.

3 comments:

wendy said...

Zoo trips are a blast --but I'd always worry sometimes too that the kids would end up in the cage/peg/water, or mouth of some animal. (and there were times that throwing them there was also considered, (tee,hee))

ktucker said...

Looks like fun, so sorry I had to miss it! Thanks for posting some photos, these were taken with your phone? Pretty good quality for a camera phone!

kate said...

i would give my peanut butter sandwhich too! i'm so with jj on that one!