When we bought the house we had no kids. We knew that eventually kids would fill the "extra" bedrooms and so I decorated the hallway bathroom that would certainly belong to the kids in the "rubber ducky" motif. Sophisticated, I know.
Because Guero does wake up calls for most roosters in the morning, he started using that bathroom some time ago so that he did not wake up the rest of the house while he was getting ready.
For his birthday this year, I redecorated.
I got rid of all of the rubber ducky toothbrush holders, bathmats, see through shower curtain and trash cans. They were, to say the least emasculating.
I replaced it with a much more masculine, plain brown and blue motif.
Big mistake.
Now he owns that bathroom and he reminds us frequently that there are "No girls allowed"!
Last night we came home and put JJ down for bed. Looking forward to watching the videos that I rented, I wanted to be very comfortable and decided to take a nighttime shower.
I committed the ultimate crime - showered in "DADDY'S BATHROOM".
After I turned on the water to get the shower going, Daddy went on a (pretend) baby temper tantrum and said that he wanted a big piece of paper so that he could make a sign, hang it on the door and hopefully then, we would remember to STAY OUT OF HIS BATHROOM!
Karina and I laughed at him, I shut the door and got in the shower. Surely I was full of soap when Karina knocked. I hear her muffled voice through the door, "Mom, what makes the OY OY sound?"
Uh, well your great-grandmother for one.
I was totally confused.
When I finally got out of the shower and opened the door, she was standing right there waiting for me.
All by herself (with a little help from Daddy who told her the letters that make the OY OY sound) Karina made a sign that said B.O.Y.S.. She got the B and S all by herself!
Oy Vey. I am sure her great-grandparents are thrilled to pieces!
LEWIS and CLARK & CO.
2 days ago






1 comment:
what is it about guys (and dogs) marking their territory?
Post a Comment