Friday, January 16, 2009

Go ahead, fawn


I have posted before about how difficult it is to take the kids anywhere. They are so gorgeous and irresistible that I get a lot of people stopping me to tell me how adorable my kids are. I know. Like I always tell Karina (not from personal experience, but in trying to prepare her for what is to come in life),

"Buds, it hurts to be beautiful".

Well, really I tell her that more when I am doing her hair and pulling, and she is freaking out and saying, "Mooooooommmmmy? Why can't I just wear my hair with no ponies?!"

"Buds, it hurts to be beautiful".

Today is JJ's last day to be eleven months old. It will be a sad day. The last day that I will be able to respond to the masses that, "he is eleven months old"

I plan on making a lot of public appearances today.

Since it seems that most of the time you are stopped by elderly folks, I think I will hit Super Wal-mart, Costco and then for dessert - Denny's of Sun City.

Heck, why be modest? I'll will check the phone book for all of the retirement homes in between.

It would be nice, JJ, if it was the last day that I had to tell people, "no, he does not walk yet... he likes being served."

3 comments:

Claire said...

Seriously, you should write stuff. You are so brilliant. Keep your chin up.

kate said...

did i tell you that your little boy was even more beautiful in person than in the pictures...definitely a good choice with costco!

ktucker said...

I love that you tell Karina "It hurts to be beautiful!" I use that line all the time too!