
Three decades ago... Guero was born.
Things I *think* I know about that day...
My mother-in-law, Elsa, was in labor... in a Volkswagen. She remembers that the song, "You Don't Bring me Flowers" by Barbara Streisand was playing on the radio.
According to Guero, she gave birth in a tent in El Paso, Texas. My father-in-law is sure that it was actually a very small hospital which no longer exists.
There were no drugs involved... even though Guero weighed almost eleven pounds and had a huge head. For this fact, I believe that he still owes his mother an apology.
He was (and still is) a very pretty baby (babe).
Happy Birthday Daddy!, Hubband, Guero, Guillermo, Junior, Elder, Brother, Uncle, Brother-in-law, Son-in-law, Cunado, Jefe,... We love you, mucho!
(thank you, Tito for making this great birthday collage of Guero! Friends can clearly see now... why we call him "Guero")
p.s. On this day in history my mom was nine months pregnant... mistakenly thinking she would give birth in less than four weeks... ha ha! I mean, Sorry mom!
Love you, good-bye
wife






4 comments:
Pushing an eleven pound baby out in a tent?! I think your husband should give all his birthday presents to his mom.
I agree with Mary! Happy Birthday! He is young! Andre is one year older than he is!
OMG! That woman is lucky to be alive! I agree with Mary. Give the birthday presents to the mom ;)
To keep the consensus at 100% I must agree to give the birthday presents to MOM!!!
And Nicole... love your shirt in the self portrait of you and birthday boy. I used to have a shirt like that! :-)
Post a Comment