Thursday, November 13, 2008

We'll take turns being reasonable...

Dearest Daddy,

Today we decided to tell you why we love you. So that maybe you won't believe that all of life is just about torturing those closest to you.
***
Dear Daddy,

I love you because you are Silly. You let me help you work on Mommy's car when it is broken, I got to put the red and the green on the battery. You let me help you plant (even more!) cactus, and I got you some juice from the house. You let me cook with you, and I get to break the eggs. You fix my bike. I love you because you play games with me and color with me.

Love, Buds

p.s. She may not know it, but she also loves you because of the conversation that we had at dinner the other night...

"...when I get big I am going to be eight years old..."
"yes, Buds"
"Then I am going to get Bat-tized"
"That is right, and who is going to Bat-tize you?"
"Daddy"
"Why is Daddy going to do it?"
"Cause he has the Priesthood"

Dear Daddy,

I love you because you are the voice of reason around here.
You never listen when Mommy says crazy stuff like...
"He is just a baby, he can't even digest that"
"Stop swinging him, he is going to get dizzy"
"Don't let him eat dirt"
"That is going to make him throw up" or "That is going to give him diarrhea"
"Stop teaching him to make that noise"

I love you because you love "man" stuff like big trucks and Superheroes and clothes that are itchy. You take me camping and you cuddle with me when I am cold.

Love, Your Son
***
Dear Daddy,

I love you for all of the same reasons that the kids do.

And as a bonus you got up and fixed my car last night even though you didn't want to and it was mostly my fault that it was broken anyway.

Love Mommy

No comments: