Monday, November 10, 2008

Surprise, Surprise somebody is having a birthday!

Somebody is getting older. I will give you a hint. It is not me.
I decided to have a whole week of Daddy just like we did for Karina.

I had to start with this topic. If I didn't, he wouldn't think I loved him.

Why we love to hate Daddy...
1. Something about Daddy that we love to hate is that he is a workaholic. I am not ashamed to admit it. If there is an Al-Anon for wives of workaholics... sign me up. He has the best work ethic I have ever seen. He cannot feel satisfied unless he has put in 65 hours. He usually works more like 70 or 80. He has not taken a sick day for as long as I have known him... EVER. He rarely agrees to take a day off. He even *THOUGHT* he would take a week off leading up to this birthday, but changed his mind at the last minute and took a single day instead. The only time he has caved and taken a little time off is to witness the birth of our children. He took a full week off for each one. Rest assured, however, o Ye customers of (his company) he came to the hospital with palm pilot, cell phone and laptop in hand. Ugh. I could safely say that all members of his family are inspired and annoyed by this.

2. He likes to torture us. Karina even came up with a word for it. In her inability to pronounce either one... she started saying, "Daddy stop a-nor-ing me!". A combination of annoying and torturing. He is so irritating. He loves to needle you until you want to tackle him and put him in a headlock... a near impossible thing to do. He will grab your shirt as you are walking by so that you are unable to get free of his clutches without being snapped back. Never leave your plate unattended. He will pilfer whatever he wants from your plate forcing you to fix yourself another plate. He likes to sing... loudly... using the wrong lyrics on purpose. He insists that Karina is a frog and her favorite band is the frog brothers. Karina has even resorted to coming to me to tattle. She says, "Mommy... Daddy is being bad again". I just have to continuously remind her... "Buds, he is doing that because he wants attention. Just give him a little attention and he will leave you alone". We are absolutely positive, however, that he only tortures the ones he loves. So, if he does not annoy you...

3. He loves us. He just wants attention... He likes to show it in ways that make you want to sock him, but he definitely loves us. He likes to call incessantly at 3 pm on days that I have not called him first just to check to see how we are. He likes to give big hugs... right after washing his hands so that you are left with wet handprints. He likes to cuddle while he watches tv. That usually gets too boring for him, so he will proceed to "squish" you by rolling over on top of you. He loves to dress JJ in overalls so that he looks man-ly and then he likes to pick him up by the straps and play SuperJJ while Mommy prays that the snaps don't give way.

He is a very good Daddy and Hubband. I look forward to this week of revenge in "torturing" him.

1 comment:

hendywow said...

Happy Birthday! Have fun....