Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Salud

the high price of one nasty little cold caught at Preschool...

(first off - go to Wal-mart to buy cold supplies and get rear-ended causing a great amount of damage to the back bumper of my car...) cost: probably thousands

decongestant for Karina - $8
one humidifier for Karina's room - $20
one humidifier for JJ - $20
...
JJ still pretty sick - one copay for Doc to tell me he has a sore throat - $40
one entire bottle of baby Tylenol to fight his fever - $9
...
stock pot to make chicken soup for sick family - $17
baby ibuprofen - $5
Nyquil for Guero (which I then refuse to let him take - cause no way am I staying up with the cranky kid while he snores in a drug induced coma) - $4
nasal spray for what has now become a sinus infection for me -$4
...
The memory of a peaceful nights sleep, with the windows open, fresh clean blankets, breathing through the nose, without being interrupted for making bottles, changing diapers or sheets ... priceless

4 comments:

*MARY* said...

No one is allowd to leave our house the entire winter. We can't afford a cold.

hendywow said...

Life is too expensive sometimes! I hope y'all feel better soon!

Jessica Gonzalez said...

We haven't heard from you lately. Are you all still alive over there?

Coach B. said...

That's it! I'm homeschooling my kids! Just kidding...but it's tempting :)