Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Eleven months new

JJ is eleven months old today.

He marked the day with some big accomplishments.

This morning, after changing diapers, starting laundry, and feeding all hungry people large and small... it was time for "quiet time" . I made JJ a bottle. I set up the t.v. room the way that they love it. I put the big fluffy comforter on the floor with pillows, turned on Noggin and set JJ in the middle of the blankie with his sister and his bottle. He took the bottle and started to drink with that drunken baby look. Perfect. I should have about thirty minutes of peace and quiet.

Then, I left the room.

I passed the kitchen and the stairs, and I sat in the front room and studied my scriptures. I was reading for about ten minutes when I felt a strange feeling. I said, "Buds, is your brother with you?"

"no, I thought he was with you."

No.

We both jumped up and searched downstairs. A task that took less than ten seconds because... let's face it, this is not Buckingham Palace. He was not in any of his favorite places.

He was not at the back door pounding on the glass.

He was not picking lint off of the broom and taste testing it.

He was not in the box of play dough checking to see if all of the colors taste the same.

He was not liberating colored pencils, tupperware, cheerios or garbage.

He was not even in the bathroom trying to pull the toilet brush out of its canister.

There was only one other place he could be.

We both raced upstairs, only to be greeted by a chattering JJ... crawling out of Karina's room. I am positive he was testing me to see how far away he could get before I realized he was gone.

So. A trip to Wal-mart for another baby gate will be on the Daddy-do list for this weekend.

Later in the day, Kristy and Scott brought over a super fancy new high-chair! (leave it to Kristy to have such fun baby toys!) JJ was so proud of himself. He tested it out with all of his favorite foods. Life cereal, sliced pears, (microwave) baked potato and Mommy's best steamed carrots.

This is a picture of one of his new super favorite treats...He has no idea that this is actually a delivery device for a real treat. What he does not know, won't hurt him

1 comment:

Kori said...

Love the picture. Too sweet.