It is almost time to start the countdown.
Since my birth, my birthday has been forgettable.
It is two days after Christmas. It is five days before the new year.
Unless we are related by blood, or bound by eternal covenant... nobody remembers it.
IIIIIIIF... I were to dedicate a week to myself and blog all about me (as I did for Karina and for Daddy... and I will do next month for JJ) it would be FAR too self-serving.
Three reasons I can't do that:
1. I am not self-serving.
2. This week is not all about me. It is all about somebody else's birthday, and who am I to steal the spolight?
3. This blog is all me all the time anyway.
While the birth of Christ is probably the single most important birth-day in the history of man. Nobody should be concerned at all, least of all me, that in the same week I will have the first birthday I have ever had that I would love to forget. The big 3-0. 30 years on the earth. Probably more than a third of my life... spent.
So. Next week I will dedicate this blog to some other things. One will be personal... you will have to come back and see what I choose. The other... you can choose.
Here are the options:
1. a la Oprah... my top five favorite things.
2. more pics of my children - you can never get enough of those.
3. questions from the audience.
4. or any other suggestions.
So, please... leave a comment and let me know what it is...
LEWIS and CLARK & CO.
2 days ago






6 comments:
I want to read about your favorite things... My vote counts multiple times... it is first! :-)
And in case I forget... Happy Birthday! (hee hee...)
I vote for your favorite things, too.
Also, maybe a guest blog from someone else about your birthday...
oh..... you have a very smart SIL! A guest blog!!! Brilliant!
Questions from the audience! And you have to answer the question...no matter how akward :)
It SHOULD be all about just you, you should ask what our favorite thing about you is!!!
I'll start, you are so whitty and smart, not to mention a very thoughtful and beautiful friend! I won't forget now, but just in case I am carried away with children and the tradition of "cleaning out of the rooms" I love you! & HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Wen.
I am guaranteed not to forget the birthday of one of my nearest and dearest! I would love to hear about your favorite things, because I'm sure to learn about something wonderful, and if you love it, I probably will too! I also really like the suggestion from "hendywow" for all of us to write something that we like best about you, although I wouldn't know where to begin and would probably just go on and on!
Post a Comment