So my husband came home last night and was annoyed by what he found.
Instead of preparing dinner - I was baking cookies to be delivered to friends.
There were tons of leftovers in the fridge. He hates leftovers.
When JJ stirred in his crib, Guero jumped at the opportunity to escape upstairs... no dinner... and take a siesta with JJ.
Karina, however, wanted me to stop what I was doing, and make her sooooomethiiiiing to eaaaaaaaaaaat, pleeeeease mom.
I told her to go upstairs and ask Daddy if he was coming down.
A few minutes later she returned.
"Mommy, he is sleeping in his bed, but don't worry I left him a note for when he wakes up."
"Yea, uh-huh, ok, Buds."
**remember... she is only five. in preschool. does not read. So writing Daddy a note seems a little impossible.**
But, they say that you "get what you pay for". And we are paying... through the nose for preschool.
This morning while I was showering and dressing everybody, Karina found the note that she wrote Daddy.
"See Mommy"
She holds up a paper with a bunch of letters...
WNRUKDSIR
DE
"Good job, Buds" (thinking... wow she is really improving on her penmanship... cause that only makes sense in Russian)
The she showed me how she sounded it out...
WN R U K DSIR
DE
read it again : it says When are you coming downstairs, Daddy
well, almost. My pride induces a little dyslexia.
LEWIS and CLARK & CO.
2 days ago






3 comments:
that is overwhelmingly adorable. she is brilliant!
yea Karina! That is awesome!!!! You need to run out and get the little phonics books called... BOB. (i think that is what they are called...) Seriously... she is soooooo ready!!!!
How cute!
Wil hates leftovers, too. It must run in the family...
Post a Comment