Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thirty years ago today

I was born.

Today was a good day.

We woke up and my family spent almost three hours helping me to do a deep cleaning upstairs.

I got some great birthday presents from my family... my sisters gave me dinner and movies and a gift card for shoes from my mom.

We had soup and salad for lunch at The Grape place (or as the adults know it - Olive Garden)

I got my hair cut.

My mom watched the kids while Guero and I went and saw Doubt. Fantastic movie - highly recommend...

After that we ate Dinner at Gardunos - now known as Camarones. Very good.

Best of all - for pretty much the whole day... Guero took care of all of the finer messy... stinky... loud... mundane points of parenting.

Now I am going to read my crispy new scriptures, get into my crispy new pajamas (a Christmas present from JJ), and sleep in - until six.

I could not be more happy that this week is over.

4 comments:

BRIANA said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!! Today was so crazy here--but I hope you had a good day! I have a most fabulous present for you but it will of course wait until our girls night out! Just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you---without calling you at 10:15 at night! And let's all enjoy one more week of the 11 o'clock church schedule!

Deidre said...

You and David have the same birthday! Glad that the day went so well!

Alison said...

Happy Happy Birthday Nicole!!!

I have a gift for you as well... maybe girls night out???? :-)

Glad you had a great day!!

Claire said...

Hello darling, I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I always enjoy reading your posts. You always make me laugh. Thanks for sharing your favorite scriptures.