And when you are nearly eleven months old... you are definitely NOT a baby. Just ask JJ.
I am about to do something evil. I may be cast into the flames of "Mommy H - E - double hockey sticks". But, JJ has two secrets, and I need to record them. They are big secrets, and when he becomes Ambassador to Uzbeca-Baby-stan this could be extremely embarrassing for him.
Two weeks ago JJ was the world's easiest baby to put down for a nap. He would complain that he was tired. I pick him up and he would get excited to be carried up the stairs. He knew that his crib was getting closer with every step. I would just lay him down with his bottle...
and this is
JJ's SUPER SECRET #1 - (don't tell Daddy - he will think it is weakness)
JJ needs a blankie to fall asleep properly. It has to be something soft. He prefers two blankies that he has made of minkie. I drape one over his hand and he rubs that hand on his face while he falls asleep. He would be mortified if he knew that you knew...
Last week he figured out how to pull himself up.
Now when you put him in his crib, his brain snaps to "bad baby" mode. He immediately throws down his bottle, and stands up. He actually cannot fall asleep because he just cannot resist the urge to stand up. Today I had to hold him while he fell asleep so that he could get some rest. I have not ever had to do that in his whole little baby life.
I would like to post some pictures of him... standing in his crib... holding on with ten fingers and ten toes... fake crying and yelling for his "DaDoo" (might be Daddy, we are not sure yet) but that is where secret number two comes in:
JJ's SUPER SECRET #2 - because his mother is so ridiculously cheap, and a woman of the 21st Century... JJ (I can hardly type the words) uses his sister's bed sheets in his crib. I know... I know. I am evil. I went to his crib today to take a picture, and I realized that all of the blankets were blue, but the sheets were pink. I can't post that on the internet, can I? He does have one sheet of his own, but a few others that are hand-me-downs. You know... babies do things in their beds that necessitate a linen closet full of replacements. So - he gets Sissy's pink flannels. They feel soft against his... well you get the idea.
LEWIS and CLARK & CO.
2 days ago






2 comments:
You really should make this blog private... if those secrets got out... oy, oy... I can only imagine the humiliation.
That is SOO cute! I have to admit I am guilty, too! It just goes with the territory of having a family... Hand me downs!!! I remember hating that part of being a middle child! Little Recks has flower sheets, too! I figure he wont start to realize until he is at least two!!! Anyhow, we definately need another girl's night out for sure!! Your family is adorable!!!
Post a Comment