Monday, September 8, 2008

the Buds

Five years ago today, I sat at home on a deliriously hot day. I had no idea that I would have a baby in just two days. She was still not due for a little more than three weeks. I am sure that I cried quite a bit that day. I was so tired of being pregnant, little did I know that all of these water works would pay off big at my OB appointment the next day.

I have decided to dedicate a whole week to our little princess... full of quotes and anecdotes and pictures all about how much we love and cherish her.

First day... a question.
Why do we (Guero and I) call her (the) Buds?
answer: I don't know.

and so ... now for some pictures

Karina at the same age as JJ, about seven months. SITTING UP and enjoying a cucumber. She is still a very healthy eater. She loves fruit and veg. One of our favorite pictures - that sat on Daddy's desk at work for a long time. Karina at Temple Square in Salt Lake.

The truth is that we sort of know how the name "buds" evolved, but it is kind of irrelevant. The name has stuck in our house. She thought her name was buds before she knew to say Karina. We think it sounds strange coming from other people. So we would actually prefer that it did not catch on... we think it would go over quite poorly on the playground... so for now... we just keep it in the family.

Happy Birthday, Karina (buds)

No comments: