Unfortunately this was no literary device.
As we were packing up to leave the campsite I was standing and talking with our friends. I suddenly felt a monstrous shark bite my butt.
Now what to do when you are trying to have a civilized conversation and you need to stick your hand down your pants? Well, unfortunately I am not 3 years old, so no matter how you go about it, it is inappropriate. All I could do was warn them, "I am going to stick my hands down my pants." I did that and I felt a bug the size of a bird still attached to my behind.
I looked at Guero, surely a little panicked and he said, "Go behind the trailer!" Funny, here is a moment that requires decorum and HE is giving ME instruction?
I did go behind the trailer and looked inside my pants... only to find this... staring up at me... laughing hysterically...
Guero tried to tell me, "It is just a grasshopper!", but upon closer inspection I could clearly see that it had fangs! My knight in shining armor asked how I would like to see it die? Both Sarah and I responded in unison, "eat it". Instead, he chose the manly way to avenge my hideous deformation. This bat met it's demise by way of the tailgate smash. Hard to see but that is a lot of guts ... and part of my butt hanging on to the tailgate. 





1 comment:
Somehow I missed this story before, when I saw Katie's comment I had to come searching for it. That is funny, although a little scary, I absolutely am a complete girl when it comes to bugs. I probably would have made Scott get it out of my pants!
Post a Comment