The Lord, however, did.
I got a supremely annoying husband. Just irritating. He irritates everybody. Not in a strange anti-social, needs a psychiatrist sort of way... in an "older brother that I never should have asked for" sort of way.
Its the kind of annoying that only a sibling could conjure. He will take the last sip of your drink, pull your hair to get your attention, or call your daughter's favorite band "the Frog Brothers" until she cries and you have to explain that Daddy is silly and that is how we know that he loves us... which even Mommy does not understand.
I got this email from my husband today...
(names have been changed to protect the annoyed)
I was talking to (a female friend at work), and she was venting about how (her significant other) had a really bad habit of leaving the garage door open every time he comes in. She claims that he has never closed it behind him after he pulls his car in, even though there is a remote a button on his dash, and there is a button right by the door. He still won't close it.
When she confronts him about it, she says that they are going to get robbed one day while they are in the house. He starts arguing with her saying that he always closes it, and if he does not he is justified because he intended to leave in a little while or that he knows she is going to be home and she would close it... etc etc.
When she confronts him about it, she says that they are going to get robbed one day while they are in the house. He starts arguing with her saying that he always closes it, and if he does not he is justified because he intended to leave in a little while or that he knows she is going to be home and she would close it... etc etc.
(Work friend) was telling me this because she was seeking a guy's point of view on this kind of behavior. I told her that (lazy boyfriend) was simply giving her affection. I asked her, "if the garage door was not open, what would you talk about? Would you have something else to share besides incomprehensible work stuff that neither of you want to re-live anyway?"
I assured her that this was probably one of the "buttons" that (irritating boyfriend) would use to garner attention to get emotion running through his mind. To bring out a spark that would hopefully lead to spending a few moments with the one he loves.
As predicted (long-suffering friend) is not interested in this kind of attention for it is negative and annoying. So now in full comprehension of why he has this irritating habit, she will from now on open the front door and leave it open when she find the garage door open instead of reacting to his "button" pushing.
How wonderful to see that all men that love their women show it the same way... and that all women don't like it. Ce' LaMour
I assured her that this was probably one of the "buttons" that (irritating boyfriend) would use to garner attention to get emotion running through his mind. To bring out a spark that would hopefully lead to spending a few moments with the one he loves.
As predicted (long-suffering friend) is not interested in this kind of attention for it is negative and annoying. So now in full comprehension of why he has this irritating habit, she will from now on open the front door and leave it open when she find the garage door open instead of reacting to his "button" pushing.
How wonderful to see that all men that love their women show it the same way... and that all women don't like it. Ce' LaMour
True love shows from knowing the good and bad buttons of those whom you love and using them quite often. That is why we do it.
I love you
hubband
Marital bliss
There is a little boy in Karina's preschool class, obviously no more than four years old, that touches her face everyday during story time. He does not poke her. Apparently it does not hurt at all. He simply takes one finger and touches her face.
I try to explain what I know as an adult woman (that he thinks that she is pretty and wants her to be his friend) to Karina in pre-school terms that are appropriate.
Dr. Phil might make a house call if I tell her what I am really thinking...
This little four year old - is acting exactly like Daddy... he thinks you are cute and wants you to pay attention to him. Get used to it... apparently this is what they meant for us by "endure to the end".






5 comments:
If I knew how to use this web page I would stand up in defense of all Husbands out there looking for attention. Since my wife only has girlfriends in this blog In her honor I will not defile that which is true of all wives. "they know our buttons too"
My husband can push my buttons too but I know I do so more than he.
I did get that shirt for my son at Target online. I don't know what the stores carry.
Geez Louise... "Anonymous" sounds like a 'master button pusher...' (lol)
FYI... teenagers have a remote with all their parents' buttons preassigned. It is horrible.
You always make me laugh! Glad I am not the only one with a hub like that. I know he loves me dearly, but he definitly shows it in irritating ways
Grat post. How true it is.
My little girl has a younger boy friend at kindy that holds her hand at story time - she's his security blanket. She was sick one day and he told his mum he cried in the toilets 'cause she was not there...
Post a Comment