Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Captain Karina

Karina had "Pirate Day" at school.

She had to wear a Pirate shirt. So I went to her endless wardrobe and realized that she was just tired of wearing all of those boring old Pirate clothes from her closet. She wanted something new.

So Mommy made her a Pirate shirt.Not bad. Mommies as old as I am will appreciate the totally 80's bead fringe a la Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't know a lot of other pirates.?
Not a scurvy dog in the bunch. Is it any surprise that she is in the 95th percentile for her height for kids her age? She eats her fruits and veg!

The kids really enjoyed it. They learned "Pirate words" like "AAArgh" and "matey".

Then Karina came home and plundered my wallet and made her brother roll the plank.

1 comment:

Dave and Shelly said...

AAArg, me loves the fine beading!! Yee gots good pirate skills!
-now read it again in a pirate's voice so I don't look like I can't spell or speak- AArg!