Karina is such a sweet kid. With much excitement and anticipation she quickly opened all of her gifts from the family. I felt a little sad while she did. Being exceptionally practical, and on a budget... most of my gifts might be really lackluster this year. She opened the much needed new dresses for church, with some new stockings to match. She gave me the obligatory, "thanks, Mommy." She openend "new hair ties" strangely similar to ones that she already owns... but the same ones that I love. Drooling baby brother even seemed to remember to get her a new video, the new "Ariel" movie, for which she was clearly grateful.
But this is why I love Karina. She did get one purely fun thing... a ballerina costume. I found it on sale at Wal-mart nearly two months ago. I really did not have the money to pay for it at the time, even though it was on the clearance rack. I could not resist, however. I knew she would love it. I picked it up and placed it in the cart. It had been pushed aside by lots of other Mommies... that is how it got here to the clearance rack, but I knew a little girl that would really give it a lot of love.
When Karina saw it, her little eyes lit up. She immediately needed to change her clothes and try it on. Sheepishly, she came back to the family room to show Guero and I. She looks adorable in this pink tutu with flowers appliqued. She loves it. I love her because I know her. I knew she would love it.
I definitely know that most everybody that she meets in life will love her... if they know her. She is so special. Like me she makes her intentions... all of her yummys! and all of her yucks! plain as day.
Happy Birthday to our Buds!, my most favorite-est, best-est daughter ever!
I WANT MORE
4 days ago






6 comments:
Beautiful! Such a priceless moment! Your stories are all either a good laugh or one that chokes me up. I love it!
You're an amazing writer. I love how you describe the dress on the clearance rack. What an amazing thing you did for your daughter. That dress will probably be a priceless memory for her.
I love this story! What a sweet little girl! Congratulations on winning the pay it forward printer!
Such a sweet story.
Congratulations on winning the printer.
I love the title......and the body of the post is even better. I'm glad I chose today to stop by.
I so appreciated your comments on my blog, and hope to see you again soon!
Adorable! My daugther takes ballet twice a week and she loves it! I probably won't even need to buy a Halloween costume this year ... I'll just let her wear her ballet costume. She wears it 24/7 anyway :)
Post a Comment