Tuesday, September 30, 2008

JJ's first masterpiece

A proud moment.
JJ and Karina are so unbelievably loud. You cannot even hear yourself talk with the two of them in the room sometimes.

I was on the phone with somebody important. Somebody that I did not want to realize that I was unable to shush my kids when I am on the phone.

So I committed THE rookie mistake... I left the room!

When I came back a few minutes later, I found JJ lying next to Karina's new little art desk that she got for her birthday. Karina was at the kitchen table, in full view of JJ... but being five... she is OBLIVIOUS (and she is five - she should be oblivious - rest assured: she was not held responsible for her brother's transgression... this time)

As I walked toward JJ, I said, "Buds, do you not see what your brother is doing?!"

In her happiest, most cooperative voice, "Its ok, Mom, I can share."

I pick JJ up (now that I am close enough, I am horrified). I held him up so that she could see his first masterpiece... "Is this ok Buds?"

She was as shocked as I was. We laughed about it and I, of course, grabbed the nearest camera I could find.

Please, observe a few things.
1. Does this look like a "punishment"... sitting on the couch, or does this look like a child that is proud of what he did and looks forward to doing it repeatedly?
2. In his other hand (still gripping it in his little baby paw) is a color wonder marker. You know... the expensive kind that don't mark on anything but color wonder paper. You tell me... coincidence or this kid is a genius?

1 comment:

Dave and Shelly said...

I'm so glad to see that these things don't just happen to my kids. JJ is so cute!!!!