He wakes up in the morning...
and after Lilo and Stitch and after waking up his sister... it is the very first thing on his little mind.
Give me more paper.
He likes Karina's drawings, but the crayon aftertaste ruins the effect.
He prefers glossy magazine and print ads.
Guero thinks he actually ingests it, I am not so sure. I think he just crumples it up and slobbers on it a little bit.
I tell ya, I am not sure who is more excited to see the Sunday paper - JJ or me? Wednesday is a good paper, but we have to wrestle over who gets the grocery ads.
Today was a delicious day. A big fat (not yet juicy) Vanity Fair came in the mail. (I won't let him eat, nor will I tear out pages from an Ensign - I think that might be sacrilegious, and I don't think that is what is meant by "feasting on the Word").
I put the magazine down on the floor and JJ dove right in - head first. He tore the pages to shreds and spread them out on the floor, all the while maintaining a position that looked like a dolphin in flight - both arms and legs in the air. He kicked his feet with excitement while he slobbered and bobbed his way through 250 pages of slick paper yumminess.
I let him go. After all, his sister was at preschool, and I eat when I am lonely, too.
At 2:10 it was time to start the Preschool carpool brigade. I grabbed him, flipped him over and put him (gently of course!) in his carseat. It was not until I started to buckle that I noticed...
Promises in Malibu or Dr. Phil's favorite - La Hacienda in Texas?






20 comments:
Woohoo - Congrats on being chosen a Saucy Blog over at SITS!
You have a wonderful, witty style of writing. THANKS for the giggles!
Juli Smith
www.stampinjewels.blogspot.com
www.homeschoolblogger.com/lighthousecrew
That is too funny. I thought I was alone in this. My 8 month old is addicted to paper too! We call him "the goat." We should form a support group or something!
:D
Go for promised in Mailbu... every posh.
Congrats on being Saucy!
Congrats on being Saucy!
Congrats on being Saucy! That is too funny. Love the picture.
Congrats to you too!!
Aww, that is too funny! Love the picture... it's priceless. :)
David loves paper too. He is particularly interested in the paper shredder, something about those little pieces of paper.
Congrats on being saucy. That was to cute! Much Love
Congrats on your sauciness!
My son never went through the paper stage. Of course, I now have another son who may go through it.
Your little one is soo cute!!
You are a great writer!!! Congrats on being saucy!! Hope you have a wonderful week!
sooo funny.
love ur background...its mine too!
Congratulations on being featured as a Saucy blog.
So Saucy! Congrats - my oldest one has a paper fetish 13 years ago... it was not unheard of to take him to church with stains from different newspaper ads - I worried about ink poisoning until I realized it all comes out in the end... and frequently still readable!
Congrats on being a saucy blog.
I like your writing style. I had to laugh when I read this post though. What is it with babies & magazines?
Congrats on being a Saucy blogger. That picture is so cute!
Too funny! He is so cute, all of my children love paper,especially magazines!
Congrats on being a saucy blogger- I am going to add you to my blog list, I enjoy your writing style.
Hey doesn't paper have fiber in it? It's good for his bowels!!! Love the picture he is to cute!!!
BAHAHAHAHAAHHA Oh my gosh, that is just too funny! I see scrapbooking in his future:)
Post a Comment