Thursday, September 4, 2008

...like she just stepped off the boat...

I am doing a little experiment to see if I can put video in my blog. If you remember way back - I have an ancient camera... and no ability to take video myself. All of the other videos I had available were of my children being born. There is a lot of blood, sweat and tears in those. The blogging police would rate them ... at least R. My faith tells me that it is inappropriate to watch those movies... so... this is all I have left.




When Daddy leaves the house with a child... all bets on best dressed are off. I can assure you... I was probably tied and gagged back at the house, because I would have never authorized this ensemble or the hair... but that is why going out with Daddy is way more fun.

Nonetheless, this video gets me a little teary eyed every time I see it because I remember how tiny and cute... and friendly she is... well... was.

For the sake of journaling this memory - I have to say that to this day Karina is extremely helpful. She loves to go to the grocery store and push the cart (wildly, causing children to scatter and old folks to panic), she loves to pick things off the shelf (en masse and drop them on the floor), and she loves to "pay the lady" (swipe Mommy's library card in the machine). I really do love going shopping with her. She is my little buddy.

3 comments:

Coach B. said...

My husband is constantly taking my daughter out in public with funky hair and even funkier clothes. Oh well right? They are daddies little girls :)

Cute blog.

Team Seguritan said...

That whole bug bitting your butt story was so well written! I loved reading it. I think I'm going to read it to Donovan right now...hey, you're the one who posted it. :)
KT

Coach B. said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. I found your blog through a series of other blog connections. I try to read a couple of new blogs per day.

I dont' know if you live in Utah, but out here the LDS seem to be of another breed. I honestly am trying to get a testimony. I am working on it...honest.

Thanks for your feedback. I know that not everyone is judgemental, it just feels that way 70% of the time :)

You're awesome!